If you need urgent help with your mental health, below are some places you can contact in an emergency.
- Contact your GP’s (General Practitioner) surgery. You can request an emergency appointment with your GP.
- Go to an NHS walk-in centre or A&E (Accident and Emergency) department at your local hospital.
There are other services out there who can offer support to you in a crisis.
- Samaritans – available 24/7 throughout the year, for confidential emotional support. Phone 116 123 or email email@example.com
- SANEline – support for people with mental health problems (aged 16+), their families and Carers, through telephone and online support. They’re available 4.30pm-10.30pm daily on 0300 304 7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shining a Light on Suicide – Support for people who are feeling suicidal, those concerned that someone they know might be thinking of suicide, and people bereaved by suicide. http://www.shiningalightonsuicide.org.uk/