Our Carers Support Service is for the Carers of adults who are diagnosed with a mental health problem, autism or who are experiencing emotional distress. If you provide emotional and/or practical mental health support to a relative, friend or neighbour who could not manage without your help, you may be able to receive support as a Carer.
You are not alone – we are here to help, both with your own wellbeing and with your caring role.
Our trained and qualified Mental Health Carers Support Workers and Volunteers have a strong understanding and awareness of mental health problems and will work with you to help you improve your wellbeing.
Thank you so much for your help today and for all the information you have sent through to me.
We provide confidential, impartial information, support, and advice to adult mental health Carers, where the cared-for person lives between the postcodes SK1 and SK8.
Under the Care Act 2014, we have some specific duties:
- To carry out assessments under the Care Act, for eligible Carers
- Help you put together a support plan to meet your assessed needs
- Review with you your support plan at agreed intervals
I just want to say thank you for everything, your calls, messages and support over the last 18 months have been gratefully appreciated.
Whether you would like to;
- Get out into the community, meet other people and get involved with local groups
- Get involved with education and/or improve your skills
- Participate in social activities
- Receive support to gain/retain employment
We can help you by:
- Supporting you to access information and advice about mental health
- Contacting relevant professionals on your behalf i.e. Care Co-ordinators
- Helping you to develop good coping skills and strategies to assist in your caring role
- Signposting you to relevant services i.e. Carers groups, courses, benefit advice, counselling etc
Thank you for your phone call earlier today, it was really helpful and reassuring to know there is support out there for me and the cared for person. Thanks again and for sending over all of the information too, I appreciate it.
We also provide emotional and practical support, both one-to-one and in groups via:
- Home visits
- Meetings in the community
- Meetings in our office
- Our Carers Drop In
- Phone 0161 475 6229 (9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, and 9.00am – 4.30pm Fridays) or email [email protected]
- Social outings for Carers
Thank you so much for organising such a lovely lunch today. It was really nice just to sit and talk to everyone about lots of things – not just the people we care for! I thought this option gave us time to just relax and talk albeit, the space was a little limited!! Thank you again. I really enjoyed catching up with everyone in a social setting.