Get Urgent help
IF YOU NEED URGENT HELP…
Stockport citizens are now able to access our new helpline, Open Door, by calling 800 138 7276. The helpline provides immediate 24/7 mental health crisis support and also tailored support via telephone and video.
If you need urgent help with your mental health, below are some places you can contact in an emergency.
- Contact your GP’s (General Practitioner) surgery. You can request an emergency appointment with your GP.
- Go to an NHS walk-in centre or A&E (Accident and Emergency) department at your local hospital.
There are other services out there who can offer support to you in a crisis.
- Samaritans – available 24/7 throughout the year, for confidential emotional support. Phone 116 123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SANEline – support for people with mental health problems (aged 16+), their families and Carers, through telephone and online support. They’re available 4.30pm-10.30pm daily on 0300 304 7000 or email@example.com
- Shining a Light on Suicide – Support for people who are feeling suicidal, those concerned that someone they know might be thinking of suicide, and people bereaved by suicide. http://www.shiningalightonsuicide.org.uk/