Equality and Diversity Training
No Quality without Equality: Bespoke Equality & Diversity Half-day Training
Our bespoke Equality & Diversity training is a one-day course and is ideal for
- All staff, including HR and especially those with direct supervisory responsibilities for other staff.
- Volunteers, and those with direct contact with members of the public.
- Board of management/trustees.
This is a practical course which aims to provide:
- An awareness of key equality and diversity issues within the workplace, changes in legislation, policy and procedures.
- Understand how ‘Knowing Your Communities’ can inform the planning, development and delivery of high quality inclusive services.
- Awareness of cultural diversity, and how stigma and discrimination can impact mental health and wellbeing.
- Understand how to effectively work across different cultures and diversities, and challenge discriminatory attitudes and behaviour effectively.
…and is a must in order to:
- Develop skills and competency among all our staff and volunteers
- Provide appropriate, responsive and accessible services to all users of our services.
- Meet legal responsibility.
- Meet the moral and ethical duty to understand and respond to diverse needs.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify any equality and diversity issues within your service, and how to deliver high quality inclusive services.
- Understand their role and responsibility within their employer organization, including the implementation of their Equality and Diversity policies.
- Identify, challenge and reject stereotypical assumptions, prejudice and negative attitudes towards certain people or groups.
- Be sensitive to language and conduct to promote a diverse workplace and service delivery environment.
- Tailoring Equality & Diversity training to meet your organisational needs.
Contact us to make an enquiry about Equality and Diversity Training.