We need your help. The impacts of the Coronavirus situation are having a substantial impact on everyone’s mental health. Our vital services are needed more now than ever before, but the situation is putting some vital aspects of our work at risk.
We are heavily reliant on fundraising income to continue what we do. Almost all the fundraising is via events, which are now on hold. That’s why we’ve set up this Emergency Coronavirus Appeal, to replace lost income which funds crucial aspects of our work.
Ways you can raise funds virtually
As much as things are quite restricted right now, why not join the many people making innovative use of technology to raise funds? You could hold an event online. Here are some ideas:
- Host a virtual quiz – lots of people have been using video call apps/software to hold online quizzes. You could have fun with friends and family whilst raising funds for us.
- Comedy or music night – you may have seen many musicians and comedians broadcasting their talents online a lot recently. If you’re a creative person, why not do the same and invite all your fans and friends to watch and donate? Some people are doing virtual karaoke, talent shows and lip syncs!
- Online clubs – if you’re in a poetry group, book club or film club, you could continue these online and make up some games to raise funds.
- Stay active – many fitness instructors and sports people have hosted online fitness classes to raise vital funds for vital causes.
- Online birthday party – if your birthday falls within these challenging times, why not continue your celebrations digitally and raise some money for us whilst you do?
- Others – online crafternoons, virtual coffee mornings and board games, video game tournaments, dinner parties… there are so many ideas out there right now!
Other ways to help us include Donate Your Commute – donating your travel savings if you’re not going into the office or saving on transport otherwise at the moment. You can also donate to us by cheque/text donation as well as on the campaign page above. Just give us a shout and we can help you with how.
If due to current circumstances you’re making other regular savings at the moment, such as not having to pay gym or sports club membership – or anything else like this – you could always donate some of this to us.
We need your support more than ever, and we want to be there for you – you can read about our current support here, and the page links to lots of other useful information and resources. Give us a call on 0161 480 7393 if you need us – we will get back to all answer messages as soon as possible.