Stockport Mental Health Alliance
Stockport Mental Health Alliance – Recovery and Enablement Service
Everyone can have concerns and worries from time to time when moving away from service
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Our support will be led by you to identify what will help you get better, stay well, and to have a good life.
Our service is for adults who have accessed secondary mental health services within the past 12 months such as: Community Mental Health Team, Consultant Psychiatrists, Recovery & Inclusion Team, Home Treatment Team, Early Intervention Team
“We believe taking up the five ways to improved wellbeing can make everyone’s lives so much better, we are here to help you make your life more fun and satisfying”
- As you recover and prepare to move on from the mental health services, would talking with someone help to make sure you are not on your own?
Connecting with others is one of the 5 ways to Wellbeing.
- Do you have concerns about managing your money?
- Do you want to get out more, join up with other people, get involved with your local community?
- Do you want to become more active and look after your physical health better?
- Do you want to get involved with education and/or improving your skills in areas like IT/creative writing/growing your own food (these are just some examples)
- Do you want support to get a job and or become a volunteer?
We may be able to help you do some of these things or support you to find them elsewhere.
- Do you need someone to check out with you how you are doing?
- Do you want information about community groups and organisations?
We know everyone is different and we are committed to listen to you and work alongside you with the goal of you taking control of your life and being able to say.
“I have a good life and I know what to do if I start feeling unwell again”.
We will support you with trained staff (called Link workers) and trained and supervised volunteers, many of whom have a variety of qualifications and some have used mental health services themselves and see volunteering as a way of staying well and having an enjoyable life.
Like some of our volunteers choose to do, maybe in time you might be able to use your recovery to inspire others and become part of our team.