We currently have a job vacancy for an Isolation and Social Engagement Worker.
Job Title: Isolation and Social Engagement Worker
Salary: £20,000 FTE
Hours: 18 hours per week
Annual Leave: 13.5 days
Based: Based at Stockport Mind and at various locations throughout the Borough of Stockport
Contract details: To 30th September 2020
Start Date: Immediately
Service / Department Description
Stockport and District Mind is a Charity and incorporated Company with a long history of
working with people experiencing mental distress, including those with severe and enduringmental health conditions.
Stockport and District Mind work in an Alliance with SPARC (Stockport Progress and
Recovery Centre) and Pennine NHS HealthCare. We have also offer a service working directly with Carers (family/friend) of those affected by mental illness.
This new project is funded by a Charitable Grant for two workers – one employed and based with Age UK Stockport and one with Stockport and District Mind. Staff will work closely together to deliver outcomes of inclusion and social engagement for older people and younger adults experiencing social isolation and/or loneliness.
To facilitate appropriate access to creative, recreational, and social activities that promotes
positive mental and physical wellbeing in a socially inclusive manner.
To actively engage with people who are isolated and/or lonely to enable them to become
more socially engaged.
– Identify and engage with people who are lonely and/or socially isolated
– Maintain up to date information of the range of services and activities that are available to people, who may be experiencing/at risk of experiencing poor mental and/or physical health problems
– Befriend, support engagement with others, promote and enable progression into mainstream activities
– Regularly monitor and evaluate the service to ensure it is supporting the service user needs and the targets and aims for the project
– Develop and maintain links with partner organisations and colleagues in Stockport Mind to ensure service users are linked into opportunities across the network
– Ensure that opportunities are promoted to “hard to reach” groups and BME communities across Stockport
– Support the development of diverse activities within mainstream and mental health services
– Assist with the development of well-being initiatives for the local community
– Ensure all mandatory training required by Stockport Mind is completed within the induction period
Stockport & District Mind offer access to a pension scheme, health care, training and appropriate travelling expenses.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applicants from minority ethnic groups who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
For full details, including the Person Specification, Responsibilities, and Qualifications/Experience needed, please see the Job Description.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any problems accessing the relevant documents.
Here are the pages where opportunities at other local Minds within Greater Manchester are listed:
We are part of Mind in Greater Manchester, a partnership of five local Minds ensuring people experience better mental health and supporting people with their mental health to live well in their communities and at work.