Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can access Stockport and District Mind’s services?
Click here to find your local Mind.
- Where is Stockport and District Mind?
Click here to find us!
- Do I need a diagnosis to receive support?
- Do I have to pay or make a donation to receive support?
- Can you advise me about medication?
We are unable to give specific advice about your medication. However, if you have concerns or questions about your medication one of our Advocates will be able to accompany you to your medical appointments and help you to voice your concerns and ask any questions you might have.
- Can Stockport and District Mind help my relative or friend?
Stockport and District Mind can only provide support to people that want to access our service. However, here is a link to National Mind’s page that gives some guidance.
At Stockport Mind we also have a service that provides support for mental health carers. Here are the details of our service:
Do you provide emotional and practical support to a partner, relative friend or neighbour who could not cope without your help? Then you can receive support as a carer.
We are here to provide confidential, impartial information, support and advice to mental health carers. For more information telephone:
0161 475 6229
9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
9.00am – 4.30pm Friday