Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can access Stockport and District Mind’s services?
If you’re outside of our area, please click here to find your local Mind, but it’s worth noting that not every area is covered by a local Mind – there are other services out there who can help you as well.
We currently have a drop-in group open to all adults regardless of postcode – please contact us for more information.
- Where is Stockport and District Mind?
65 Union Street
Please click here to find us!
- Do I need a diagnosis to receive support?
No, many people experiencing mental distress don’t have a diagnosis, but Stockport and District Mind are here to help.
- Do I have to pay or make a donation to receive support?
- Can you advise me about medication?
We are unable to give specific advice about your medication. However, if you have concerns or questions about your medication, please see your GP. National Mind publishes some general guides to medication, they can be found here.
- Can I receive support from Stockport and District Mind if I also get support from other organisations?
- Can Stockport and District Mind help my relative or friend?
You can encourage your loved one to get in contact with us, to see how we can help them.
Also, at Stockport Mind we have a service that provides support for mental health Carers. Here are the details of our service:
Do you provide emotional and practical support to a partner, relative, friend or neighbour who could not cope without your help? Then you can receive support as a Carer.
We are here to provide confidential, impartial information, support and advice to mental health Carers. For more information telephone:
0161 475 6229
9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday
9.00am – 4.30pm Friday