You can contact us by phoning, emailing, or calling in to see us, whichever suits you best. Our current opening hours for telephone support and office drop-ins are:
Mondays – 9.30am-1pm
Tuesdays – 9.30am-4.30pm
Wednesdays – 9.30am-1pm
Thursdays – 9.30am-4.30pm
Fridays – Closed all day
Please note that our Carers Support Service will remain available 9am-5pm and they can be contacted on their direct line, 0161 475 6229.
Telephone us – You can phone us on 0161 480 7393 and speak directly to a staff member or trained volunteer, during opening hours. Outside of those times you can leave a recorded answer message and contact number.
Call in – Our main office, Dove House, 65 Union St, Stockport, SK1 3NP (the street on the opposite side of the A6 road to Stockport College) is open for drop-ins at the times listed on our Opening Hours above. It could be worth giving us a quick phone call in advance to arrange an in-person drop-in at the office, if you can.
E-mail us – Complete the form on this page and an email will be sent to us. As we currently have limited resources we may not be able to help you directly, but we will always signpost to the most appropriate organisation.
It is not uncommon for all of us to feel at some point in our lives that the pain we feel makes us begin to lose hope and think that the world would be a better place without us. If you feel distressed, and are contemplating serious self harm or feeling that there is nothing worth living for, there are people who can help you. Please:
- talk to your GP
- dial 999 or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency department (A&E), or walk-in centreIf you don’t feel in immediate danger of ending your life but are frightened by thoughts around this, you could:
- Talk to someone you trust about how you’re feeling (research shows that talking helps)
- Read the National Mind information about coping with suicidal feelings, which has some tips and links that you might find useful.
- If you’re finding it hard to find the words, you might want to speak to someone who is trained to listen, or watch videos of what might help
Other options for support include:
- Samaritans 116 123, open 24/7 throughout the year / firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Sanctuary 0300 003 7029, crisis service available 6pm-1am daily
- Saneline 0845 767 8000
- Mind infoline 0300 123 3393 weekdays 9am – 6pm
There are lots of other Stockport-based services available, which you could find out about from your GP, or the Stockport Local website.
Contact a Trustee
We are overseen by a Board of Trustees. If you would like to contact one of our Trustees, you can complete the contact form on this page and an email will be sent to us, which we will ensure gets to the relevant trustee, so they can reply accordingly.
Make a comment, compliment or complaint
Would you like to make a comment, a compliment or a complaint about our services? We welcome feedback of any kind, so if you would like to get in touch, you can download our form here.
You can then email it to us, or drop it into/post to Dove House, 65 Union Street, Stockport, SK1 3NP and we will take a look.
We strive for high standards in everything that we do and welcome feedback from individuals, intermediaries, charities and anyone who works with us, on all aspects of our work. Such feedback is invaluable in helping us evaluate and improve our work.