We are currently recruiting for an Information and Communications Worker (£15,873 p.a. 37 Hours per week) to provide a comprehensive reception, administration and customer-focused support for the activities / services Stockport and District Mind offers to service users, carers, visitors and staff of Stockport and District Mind.
- To provide a comprehensive reception, administration and customer-focused support for the activities / services Stockport and District Mind offers to service users, carers, visitors and staff of Stockport and District Mind.
- The needs of the service user will be the utmost priority. The principle of high quality customer care is at the heart of this role.
- To work within part of the team and support the services and ethos of the Alliance.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To manage and coordinate all the functions of the contact and reception process within Stockport and District Mind, welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries to an appropriate person/other organisation.
- To be the key point of contact for all enquiries coming into the organisation and to be part of the team for building relationships with external organisations, partner organisations, etc.
- To ensure, with other staff, that the service is physically and emotionally welcoming and accessible for service users, family / carers, partner agencies and the wider community.
- To provide a comprehensive secretarial and administration service to the managers across the range of their work, including on occasion minute taking at meetings.
- To assist with maintaining appropriate administrative systems and practice procedures to ensure the safe and effective operation of the service and quality delivery.
- To collate information and work with the Communications and Marketing Worker on ensuring newsletters, marketing and communications is clearly and widely communicated.
- To provide support and supervision to the volunteers and peer mentors associated with the service in accordance with policy and procedures.
- To ensure all enquiries, referrals and communication is accurately logged into the organisations database for reporting.
- To be responsible for the organisation of their own workload and delegated decisions / actions, as agreed with manager.
- To work within current health and safety regulations and Stockport and District Mind’s Policies and procedures.
- To maintain a high level of individual and organisational confidentiality in line with Stockport and District Mind’s Policy and Procedures.
- To actively listen without prejudice and provide emotional support to distressed callers.
- Contribute to the general development of the service.
- To uphold Stockport Mind’s Mission, Vision and Values & Policies & Procedures and to champion and promote the organisation in a variety of ways and to all relevant audiences as required.
Personal Development and Accountability
- To attend training, individual supervision, meetings and team and management meetings as required.
- To promote positive attitudes to people with mental health conditions and assist them and others to combat stigma.
- To demonstrate through personal and professional example a commitment to equality of opportunity for all groups of staff and service users and to challenge discrimination, racism, sexism and other forms of unjust behaviour.
- To carry out such other duties as may be reasonably required, appropriate to the post.
Qualifications / Experience
- Evidence of a good standard of educational achievement.
- Evidence of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Evidence of solid communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience of problem solving and evidence of being able to work under pressure.
All post holders will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check (Criminal Record (enhanced) check)
Stockport & District Mind offer access to a pension scheme, health care, training and appropriate travelling expenses.
We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applicants from minority ethnic groups who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
On-line applications only, closing date midnight 31st July 2016 and interviews will take place on Wednesday 4th August and Thursday 5th August.