Stressed workers turn to music to beat the work blues

Whether they’re Going Underground, stuck in traffic on the Highway to Hell or taking the Soul Train, workers who listen to music during the morning commute are giving their mental health a boost.

Figures released today by the mental health charity Mind reveal that 74 per cent of employees listen to their favourite songs while commuting and 52 per cent report feeling energised for the day ahead as a result.

19 Responses to “Stressed workers turn to music to beat the work blues”

1. Livezey replied

awesome things here. I am very glad to peer your article. Thank you a lot and i am looking ahead to contact you.

2. Melfi replied

It is just like you read my personal thoughts! You look as though understand so much regarding this, enjoy you wrote it in it or something. I do think that you can do with a few photos they are driving your own information home slightly, but besides that, it is good weblog..

3. Benzango replied

I simply prefer the information a great deal, I actually do we do hope you would likely weblog a lot more about it.

4. Butch replied

Keep it cmonig, writers, this is good stuff.

5. Anonymous replied

Thank you, I’ve been looking for info about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far.

6. Mary replied

Mary says – yes, the difference between what is pleasant for you versus what can become irritating can be close: or very very far apart.
    My Dad listened to Radio 2 in the car on the way to work – Terry Wogan. Therefore I still listen to Radio 2 in the mornings – just because Sir Terry Wogan has been replaced by Chris Evans does change things BUT listening to the radio still gives ME the same pleasure. Just consider my 15-year-old daughter; then! Pleasures are passed down from generation to generation – just as pain can be too. Make sure you pass on your treasures to your children – and help to reduce pain and sufferings passed on or repeated by future generations.
    I enjoyed the Pause for Thought on the radio – about 9:15 am : And still do. Yesterday my daughter and I were travelling back from Castleton Youth Hostel and listened to the pause for thought – a Muslim reflecting on why she fasts during Ramadan. Food for thought for both of us – a different perspective – a different view of our world. With listen again on the radio – you too could hear this for 6 more days.
    I too have worked where Radio 2 was listened to during the working day – but others talked during the Pause for Thought – spoiling that PAUSE for me.

• Trixie replied

Do you have more great atrciels like this one?

7. Marylin replied

Helpful knowledge! I have been hunting for something like that for quite a while currently. With thanks!

• Giggles replied

I bow down humbly in the preescne of such greatness.

8. Francie replied

Amazing contribution, I seriously expect fresh news from you.

9. Peggie replied

It is some thing I need to do more research into, appreciate the blog post.

10. Man replied

Really good ideas! I have been seeking for everything similar to this for some time today. Excellent!

11. Toinette replied

this blog should someone print out and put on every traffic light in london

12. Karlyn replied

I want to give thanks so much for the work you have made in writing this blog post. I am hoping the same effective job from you later on also.

13. Abraham replied

Saved, I love your site! 🙂

14. Zarah replied

this post should someone print out and put on every train in paris

15. Ferne replied

Hi there I found your page by mistake when i was searching Bing for this topic, I have to tell you your site is very valuable I also seriously like the design, it is awesome!

16. jimmydefish replied

This is no new thing, but it has been marginalised into the hippie /wierdo, commewwwwwwnity arts type area. I hate this type of pigeon-holingas it is usually done by people who don’t have an idea about what community arts is or indeed was about. I studied a year on a community arts course and it was like a breath of fresh air (what’s this arts ‘therapy’ course rubbish? Therapy is a much abused wor d and brings to mind a group of unfortunate people being dragged into a large room for ‘therapy’ where the so called therapist turns them into people who become transformed -into what I can’t say (Different therapys reach different desired effects -or so it is hoped)what does therapy actually mean? Is therapy a thing that isw imposed or is it chosen? Indeed breathing is good for you -in fact cemeterys are full of people4 who do not breathe-or breathe incorrectly, maybe this so called art therapy should diversify into Breathing therapy and the whole intake of the cemetery would be reduced as they all took one huge theraputic breath. Seriously though folks I will leave you with a quotation from the master of the blues Mr John Lee Hooker who said that the blues was therapy for him as if he was ever down he sang the blues and that made him feel better -nobody imposed this philosophy upon him as he chose it himself, Therapy isn’t taught it is discoverd, and if it doesn’t hurt you or anyone else and doesn’t get you into trouble of any sort do it.

17. gaztruman replied

I agree completely with this. I was actually thinking about this issue yesterday. At my place of work we listen to Radio One. I find it rather irritating as they play the same songs day after day and talk about absolute rubbish. Then it dawned on me that I really miss listening to my favourite songs rather than the latest pop chart toppers.

The point of my comment is simple, dont listen to the radio. Listen to your favourite songs which DO make you happy.